Beach Market Hand APPLY NOW
MAIN PURPOSE & SCOPE OF JOB
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised individual with a love of surf and/or travel to sell products for our independent clothing label at a variety of markets around Perth, with a possibility of a few random trips down South.
Pure Apparel was established in 2013 by artist and designer, Matt Adams and was born from his love of surf, travel and design. We do everything in house, from designing products, to printing, packing and posting to both retail and wholesale customers.
We currently have 1-2 markets per week (possibly more, dependent on your availability!) Typical duties will include:
- Attending markets in our branded 4X4 Toyota Hiace or our 1984 Toyota Coaster Bus
- Setting up the van at the markets (inc. putting out all tees, signage)
- Creative input into ideas on how to improve/make our set up more eye-catching
- Photography and content creation whilst at the markets
- Selling tees at the markets, so great interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for the brand is
- a must
- Counting cash and occasionally counting stock (our stocktake is currently done via
- Square App but we like to ensure this is in line with the actual stock-count once a
- Pulling off sales reports and emailing through to Screen-printer
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
You will report to both Faye Millar & Matt Adams, Owners/Directors
- Highly personable, customer-friendly
- Interest in surf and/or travel
- Punctual and extremely reliable
Car and driving license and highly confident at driving and parking larger vehicles
HOURS OF WORK
April 2022 – Two guaranteed markets per week (Thursday 12-10pm and Sunday 06:00-2pm)*
May 2022 – One guaranteed market per week (Sunday 06:00-2pm)*
June 2022 – September 2022 – Two guaranteed markets per week (Saturday 12-10pm and Sunday 06:00-2pm)*
September 2022 onwards we enter the Summer season, where there are markets galore – so will possibly bring in a second person to assist you.
*Based on your availability, there are heaps of other pop up markets all around Perth and further South which we would love to tap into, especially during the quieter months.
Current markets are in Scarborough and Fremantle but with the right applicant, would consider applying for occasional markets ups down South (Margaret River and Dunsborough and Busselton).
Basic casual rate plus commission.
Markets have the most amazing communities, so although you will be selling our gear solo – you will be surrounded and get to meet the most amazing other entrepreneurs and businesses.
A chance to work with a grass-root organisation, passionate about creating unique products for the surf / travel community.
$25.50 basic casual wage, then a 2.5% commission on total revenue per market
25th March 2022, with a start date of April 20222022-03-25|||Hamilton Hill, Perth|||||||||abiix1p-20se2P44|||PART_TIME|||AUD|||HOUR|||range||||||29.75|||36.75|||true